The main aim of typical headlight restoration is to produce clarity so that the lighting system can work as it should and the car looks better cosmetically.
We were the first official Professional Meguiar’s Headlight restorers in South Africa!
More than 90% of vehicles today have headlights or taillights that are manufactured out of acrylic, polycarbonate or other type’s of thermoplastic material. Due to environment exposure, road conditions and even the aerodynamic design of a vehicle, all these factors contribute to these plastics yellowing, scratching and getting sandblasted. A vehicle’s lenses can experience fading within 2 years or less of its road life!
Headlight Restoration is many times cheaper than replacement. This will improve your vehicle’s looks, enhance night vision and safety and of course provide better resale value if you preparing to sell your vehicle.
Fading and yellowing ( also known as oxidation), is the main problem we get and thats what we focus on.
Deep scratches and pitting such as can be felt requires more time .
We have done 1000’s of headlights but it’s still hard to see condition from looking at a photo. It is best to book a time with us and let us inspect them in person to see what you need.
Please Note: We are not mobile for this service.
Headlight Restoration – R500 Per Pair
To restore fade, yellowing hazing of the outside of the lens…
- In this service we fix the common heavy fading and yellowing (oxidation) as well as minor scratches and pitting .
- Our normal charge is from R500 for a set.
Headlight Protection: Ceramic Coating – From R150
The best protection for headlights is PPF ( Paint Protection Film ). Its about 165 microns compared to 1-2 microns from a Ceramic coating. It will help with pitting from stones and heavy scratches. However; it is not advised on certain cars like Golf 6 and on as well as Porsche to name a few.
Ceramic coatings is compatible with all plastic headlights and will help from exposure to the sun and elements.
- This is to help protect your restored headlights from fading
- This is for headlights only.
- It blocks out harmful UV rays.
- Approximately 1-2 years longevity depending on vehicle care and storage.
- Invisible. No edges
Advanced Headlight Restoration: Deep scratches and pitting – Price On Inspection
In order to remove deep damage the plastic material of the headlights needs to be cut to the depth of the scratch or pitting for the damage to be removed and made invisible. This takes time and we charge according to how long it would take.
Headlight issues that cannot be restored
- The inside of the headlight; most headlights on the market is sealed beams, the lenses should not be separated from the housing otherwise you would have future problems with water and condensation entering.
- It’s not impossible but we dont offer it. You need special glue and access to a hot air oven.
- You can order just the “lenses” from ebay or online.
- Glass – typically cars before the early 2000’s Example Mk1 to 3 Golfs and Jettas, up to 90’s model Corollas etc
- Just replace
- Crazing appears like cracks, “almost like shattered glass”.
- These are stress cracks anywhere within or on the lens material.
- Spot lights these are generally made of glass the inset doesnt allow us full access.
- If you have plastic spotlights the can be brought to us loose (if plastic)
Please do not hesitate to Contact Us for any further queries!