We were the first official Professional Meguiar’s Headlight restorers in South Africa!
More than 90% of vehicles today have headlights or taillights that are manufactured out of acrylic, polycarbonate or other type’s of thermo plastic material. Due to environment exposure, road conditions and even the aerodynamic design of a vehicle, all these factors contribute to these plastics yellowing, scratching and getting sandblasted. A vehicle’s lenses can experience fading within 2 years or less of its road life!
Headlight Restoration is many times cheaper than replacement. This will improve your vehicle’s looks, enhance night vision and safety and of course provide better resale value if you preparing to sell your vehicle.
Fading and yellowing ( also known as oxidation), is the main problem we get.
The main aim of restoration is to produce clarity so that the lighting system can work as it should and the car looks better cosmetically.
Deep scratches and pitting such as can be felt requires more time .
We have done 1000’s of headlights but it’s still hard to see condition from looking at a photo. It is best to book a time with us and let us inspect them in person to see what you need.
- In this service we fix the common heavy fading and yellowing (oxidation) as well as minor scratches and pitting .
- Our normal charge is from R500 for a set.
- If only part of the lens is affected i.e. less than 50%, only a bit from the top we may charge less and this is from R350
Deep scratches and pitting
- The headlights plastic material needs to be removed to the depth of the scratch and or pitting for the damage to be removed. This takes time
- R500 for the first hour and R350 per hour from there
Ceramic Coating from R250
- This is to help protect your restored headlights from fading
- This is for headlights only.
- It blocks out harmful UV rays.
- Approximately 1-2 years longevity depending on vehicle care and storage.
Please do not hesitate to Contact Us for any further queries!
How to book Headlight Restoration
- Please read the information and the pricing guide we have provided.
- The choice between the two options will depend on the condition of your headlights.
- Note: Its difficult to judge what will work by looking at photos as headlights can have damage from the inside which photographs cant show!
- We advise, prepare for the R500 level and we’ll see what it needs at your booking and do the appropriate application.
- Consider when you want to have it done in terms of date and time.
- We advise that you allow up to 1.5 hours for the process.
- You may either wait or leave you car and collect later.
- We can also do loose headlights out of the car (we dont remove!)
- Contact us via whatsapp, phone call or email to get you booked!
- Glass – typically cars before the early 2000’s
- The inside of the headlight; as most headlights on the market is sealed beams the lenses should not be separated from the housing otherwise you would have future problems with water and condensation entering.
- Crazing, (see last picture) basically dense small cracks. We generally see this on aftermarket replacement headlamps. These are cracks within the lens material.
- Spot lights
- these are generally made of glass
- the inset doesnt allow us full access.
- can be brought to us loose (if plastic)